St. Michael's Infant School aims to provide high quality education in accordance with the principles and practices of the Church of England. The Christian faith is reflected in the life, worship and curriculum of the school.
After consultation with the School Community, we have developed a vision based on our Christian Values.
Jesus set the perfect example of love, friendship and forgiveness. Inspired by him, we will serve the Community of St. Michael’s Church of England Infant School by creating a loving family where friendship and forgiveness flourish and truthfulness is treasured. All children will be supported to develop perseverance and creativity to enable them to reach their full potential.
Do all these things; but most important, love each other. Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:14
We aim to:-
- Create a community in which all of its members are valued as individuals
- Further the intellectual, social, moral, aesthetic, physical and spiritual development of all pupils within a framework based strongly on Christian principles
- Stimulate in the child a sense of curiosity and excitement about the world and encourage the search for truth, meaning, purpose and faith in life
- Promote Christian values within the school as exemplified by the life and teaching of Jesus Christ and to encourage in pupils a sense of decency, commitment, self-reliance, responsibility, respect for others and a healthy self-esteem
We endeavour to ensure that all pupils in our care:-
- Develop lively, enquiring minds
- Develop a love of learning and enjoyment of school life
- Become willing, self-motivated learners, able to manage their experiences with independence
- Acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding they will need throughout their lives, at work and at play, in a changing world
- Experience a framework for learning in which abilities can flourish and potentials are challenged
- Develop empathy, tolerance, consideration and respect for others
- Develop the ability to work collaboratively with others and be effective members of a team
- Begin to evolve a reasoned set of personal attitudes, values and beliefs, and an understanding of the world, their place within it and a respect for the spiritual, moral and cultural beliefs of others
- Develop respect and understanding for the cultural diversity of the community in which they live
We strive to create a working environment which:-
- Shows respect for the contribution each individual makes
- Fosters team work and the sharing of expertise
- Supports the personal and professional needs of individuals
- Reflects the importance placed on the partnership between home and school