We will only make a decision to close the school in a real emergency. This is usually because of severe winter weather, although it can also be for other reasons such as lack of heating or a power failure. In making the decision, senior staff will consider the safety of the site, and whether sufficient staff will be available to ensure pupil safety. They will also liaise with other local schools as necessary.
We will only advise parents if school is closed, so no announcement on the website means that school is open as usual! We understand that it's tempting to telephone to speak to school staff if you are unsure, but please avoid doing this. Too many calls overload the telephone system and will prevent staff from dealing with the emergency.
If we do have to close, we will:
- Publicise the closure on this website under the "News" section. Our website is our main means of communication with parents in this situation so please check here first.
- Send a text to those parents who have signed up for the service.
- Post details of the closure on the Hants website :http://www.hants.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Pass details to local radio stations:
The Eagle 96.4 FM or County Sound 1566 MW Garrison FM 102.5 BBC Surrey Radio 104-104.8FM/95-95.3 FM
- If possible, we will leave a message on the school answerphone, but we may not able to do this if the school isn't accessible.